My ideal sopapillas are those that are soft and pillowy. I never did like the bread-y and greasy ones. So I thought of using ready-made puff pastry to make my own version of sopapillas. I was so happy to find some puff pastry that has ZERO transfat!
Easy Pillowy Sopapillas
- 6 squares of puff pastry(ready made and precut)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder (or 2 tsps, whatever rocks your boat!)
- Pre heat oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Arrange the sheets of puff pastry on the baking sheet.
- Brush lightly each square of puff pastry with milk.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Sprinkle on top of the puff pastry.
- You may want to drizzle some honey on top too!
- Enjoy with a cup of gooey Mexican Chocolate!