Craving for some paella? I always use this recipe for any paella I make. I just change the seafood to hungarian or italian sausages for a meat paella. It always turns out superb!
Easy Seafood Paella
- 1 piece medium onion
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 14 ounces water
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 pieces medium prawns
- 3 pieces medium length squid, sliced into rings
- 1 large piece of any meaty fish(I used swordfish), cut into chunks
- 1 cup long grain rice
- Saute onions and garlic.
- Add turmeric, salt, and red pepper. Cook for a few seconds.
- Add water, diced tomatoes and frozen peas.
- Increase heat to high. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the seafood and the rice.
- Cook until rice is soft and water has been absorbed (by the rice).
- Remember to stir every now and then to avoid burning the rice.