I bake these lovely scones at least once a week for breakfast! They taste heavenly with strawberry jam!
- 1/2 cup buttermilk+ 2 Tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup instant oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons +2 tablepoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Pre heat oven to 425 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- If you don't have buttermilk, measure 1/2 cup 2%milk and add 1 tablepoon vinegar. Set aside.
- Mix flour,oatmeal,salt, sugar and baking powder together.
- Cut butter into the flour mixture until flour mixture becomes crumbly and pea size.
- Add cranberries.
- Add milk.
- Knead until you get a firm dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, form a circle with your dough.
- Using a round cutter, cut out 6 circles.
- Brush milk on top of the scones.
- Sprinkle some coconut sugar on top of the scones.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm!