Enjoyed this quick pastry on a Saturday TV night! I ate it with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and the others enjoyed it with a dollop of whipped cream!
Strawberry Almond Pastry
- 1 375- gram block puff pastry(defrosted)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons strawberry pie filling
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 medium piece egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with baking parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle (around 8 inches in length and 4 inches wide. Put on a plate.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Spread preserves, cream cheese and pie filling on the middle of the dough(in this order).
- Cut diagonal strips on the long side of the dough and fold towards the filling. Pinch the ends inwards to seal the strips.
- Transfer to cookie sheet.
- Mix egg and water. Brush the dough with the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top of the pastry.