Whenever I make these dumplings, I make a big batch and freeze them. I can make around 4 meals with this batch. You can also make a dumpling soup out of this! I usually serve them though with Pancit Noodles and call it a Chinese take-out night! My advice -- these dumplings are best eaten with the dipping sauce, so find time to prepare the sauce!
Pork Dumplings (siomai)
- 3/4 kilo lean ground pork
- 1 piece medium carrot,minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsps oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 piece medium onion, minced
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cane vinegar
- 2 pieces calamansi fruit,juiced
- 1 tsp hot chili sauce(optional)
- 1 pack dumpling wrappers or siomai wrappers
- Mix all ingredients from the pork to the onions in a bowl.
- Wrap a tsp of meat mixture in a dumpling wrapper.
- Steam the dumplings for 30 minutes.
- Prepare sauce: Mix the 2 tbsps soy sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar and the juice of the calamansi fruits in a small bowl. Add hot chili sauce if desired.