Streetglamour Style

FALL Trend: Colored Fur Coats

...Tile Art and Wat Pho

Slow-Cooker Beef Stew

Today is a FRIDAY NIGHT-IN (versus a night out!) for my husband and I, therefore, I need to make something with a WOW factor. I thought of doing a beef stew minus the tomato sauce for my hubby who's a meat-lover. So, I went out with my dog and got a bottle of a local dark beer, Cervesa Negra in lieu of the tomato sauce. Well, it turned out superbly well! Both my husband and I got some second helpings of it!


Slow-Cooker Beef Stew

Ingredients
  • 3/4 kilo beef cubes
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 pieces medium carrots,sliced
  • 4 pieces medium potatoes, quartered
  • 3/4 tsp dried parsley
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 1 package Lipton Onion-Mushroom Recipe Soup & Dip Mix
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 pieces medium onions,sliced
  • 1/2 cup dark beer
Cooking Directions
  1. Boil 2 cups water and mix in the soup mix. (See photo in the Gotta-Taste-Ingredients page). Set aside.
  2. Assemble the potatoes and carrots in the slow-cooker.
  3. On a platter, mix flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the meat and brown all sides in a pan of olive oil. Remove meat and put them in the slow cooker.
  4. Add the parsley.
  5. Pour the soup mix mixture into the cooker.
  6. Use the pan where you browned the meat to caramelize the onions. Transfer the caramelized onions to the slow cooker.
  7. Add the beer to the slow cooker.
  8. Cover and cook for 4 hours in high setting.

Comments

Your Daily Dose of Art: Bangkok's Mall and Street Scenes


Trending Now: Metallic Skirts

  ○TWITTER○  TUMBLR   ○PINTERESTINSTAGRAM○ 

Follow

Instagram

Follow