Streetglamour Style

SHOP Summer 2017 IT Bags

Slow-cooked Pears in Red Wine Sauce and Muscovado Sugar

Another easypeasy dessert! I used the slow cooker so I don't have to watch over it! I love the elegant appeal of this dessert and its rustic look! I did not dissolve the muscovado sugar that much so I had some bigger bits of the sugar dotted all-over the pears(for that rustic look!)
What You Need
  • 4 pears, peeled
  • rind of 1 lemon
  • 1 1/2 cups plain red wine ( I used strawberry flavored red-wine)
  • 3/4 cup muscovado sugar
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon butter,melted
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
How to Do It
1. Mix the lemon rind,lemon juice,muscovado sugar,red wine, cinnamon, vanilla and cornstarch together( I dissolved the cornstarch in 3 tablespoons water before I mixed it with the rest of the ingredients in this step.). Set aside.
2.  Peel the pears and arrange them in a slow-cooker.
3. Pour the lemon mixture over the pears.
4. Cook for 2 hours in HIGH setting. Cool the pears.
5. OPTIONAL: Refrigerate pears and eat with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream!


Comments

The Benefits of Eating Gelato


Shop Pretty Gingham Dresses

  ○TWITTER○  TUMBLR   ○PINTERESTINSTAGRAM○ 

Follow

Instagram

Follow