Cauliflower Cream Soup

Serving this soup is my way of incorporating vegetables to our daily meals. I have used other vegetables in lieu of the cauliflower like broccolli, carrots, spinach and squash.  They all came out very good!

Ingredients:
1/2 medium onion,chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 medium head of cauliflower,roughly chopped
1 1/2 cups of chicken broth (or 1/1/2 cups water and 1 chicken bouillon cube)
1/4 cup cream or milk (I use 2% milk)

1. Saute onion and garlic. Add cauliflower and chicken broth.  Remember, the chicken broth should barely reach the top of the cauliflower in the pot (the broth should be less than the cauliflower to have a nice thick soup!). Boil then simmer until the cauliflower is soft enough to be blenderized. Set aside.
2. Liquefy the cauliflower and chicken broth  in a blender. Liquid should be thick. Once done, add milk/cream slowly while stirring. DONE!
I serve this for lunch with an onion flavored Roti! Nice contrast of flavors!  Although, I wish that the Roti was not that oily. I also serve this with good old grilled cheese sandwich. Enjoy!!

Share:

0 comments

Looking forward to hearing from you!