Streetglamour Style

SHOP Pretty Summer Dresses

...Your Daily Dose of Art: Bangkok's Street and Mall Scenes

Ukoy(Squash and Bean Sprout Fritters with Dried Shrimps)

I was really delighted with my first bite into my Ukoy- salty, sour and a bit crunchy! My hubby told me right away to make it again! This is very simple to make: You need 1 cup grated squash, 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts(blanched to remove the grassy taste), 1 diced onion, 1/4 cup dried baby shrimps (optional- I did not put any shrimp to my version of ukoy), salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything in a bowl. Set aside.

For the Sauce: 3 tablespoons light soy sauce, 6 tablespoons vinegar, 1 small onion (diced), 1 clove garlic( minced) and a dash of pepper. Combine everything in a bowl and set aside.

For the batter: 1 cup flour, 1/8 tsp salt, 1 egg, 1/4 tsp cayenne(optional) and 3/4 cup water (pour water a little at a time so you will not have a very thin batter).

Add batter to the sprout mixture. Heat 1/4 inch oil in skillet over medium heat. Fry fritters until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Spoon sauce over fritters. THEN, SAVOUR YOUR FIRST BITE!!

Comments

The Benefits of Eating Gelato


Shop Summer Mules

  ○TWITTER○  TUMBLR   ○PINTERESTINSTAGRAM○ 

Follow

Instagram

Follow