Spanish Sardine Pasta
Gotta love this recipe- easy to fix, delicious and healthy!! What else will you ask for?
1 bottle Spicy Spanish Sardines in olive oil , a bit crumbled
4 tomatoes, chopped
½ cup of dried shitake mushrooms
1/2 of a medium onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp Olive Oil
salt and pepper
Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, then set aside.
2. Rehydrate the shitake mushrooms in a bowl of hot water. Set aside. Keep 2 tbsps of water where mushrooms were soaked.
3. Saute onions, garlic, and tomatoes in olive oil.
4. Add the sardines , shitake mushrooms , 2 tbsps of water where mushrooms were soaked and italian seasoning. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Mix spanish sardines to pasta. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes on top.